Tuesday 17 September 2013

My make up brushes

I'm quite a novice to make up brushes as I'd usually just use the ones that came in a palette and then have a foundation brush. Up until about a year ago I never really wore much make up but now it has become a obsession.
Here are my brushes that I have so far collected and use often:
Too Faced Eye Brush Set
Shadow brush, eyeliner brush and a shading brush. These brushes are the first proper set that I bought and I love them. These are made from "teddy bear hair" and they feel so soft. These come in a gorgeous vintage style case which I didn't keep hold of.
Real Techniques Core Collection
If you read my blog you will see that I bought this recently from iherb super cheap! These brushes are a no brainer as Real Techniques are professional quality and nice and soft. In here you get a buffing brush, pointed foundation (which I use for my concealer), detailer brush and a contour brush - which I'm currently using my powder blusher.
.
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
This is my favourite brush to apply my foundation or tinted moisturiser. It just blends my foundation in seamlessly and I prefer it to the buffing brush that I got with my core collection.
Elf Studio Stipple Brush
This was a bargain at about £4 new from eBay. It's always sold out on the Elf store but it is my brush of choice for applying most of my blushers especially my cream blusher and also my Benefit Watt's Up highlighter. This brush really comes into its own when applying cream blushers as it applies them evenly and light over the face. It feels just as good professional quality as some expensive brushes and It is one of my favourites.
Mac Double End brush 275SE/316SE
This came in my Mac Illustrated palette and it is amazing quality I adore the lip brush especially as it gives me the precision that I need to apply brighter lipsticks. The shadow brush end applies the product well but I find it can be a bit scratchy on the eyelid.
The Body Shop Eyebrow grooming brush
I don't use the eyelash end but I do use the other eyebrow one to keep mine nice and neat before using my Benefit Brow Zings.
Maxfactor Eyeliner brush
I use this for my gel liner as I don't want to mess up any of my nice brushes. This gives me a thin line of liner across my eyelid and it doesn't drag at all. It is also good at giving a cat eye flick with liner.
I store these in my Benefit make up bag and my Mac Illustrated Rebecca Moses brush bag. I bought this bag of eBay for £3 which is a bargain, it didn't have any brushes in it but I like it as it matches my Illustrated palette and I know it's good quality. It has a small pocket inside and a clear flap over the brush holder side to keep it clean. It has a cute bow print inside.
So that's my make up brush collection I am happy with it but I know that I'm missing some serious essentials. Next on my list is the Real Techniques eye collection as even though I don't need the eyeshadow brushes I will use them but most of all I want a proper eyebrow brush. I also want the Real Techniques blusher brush.

No comments: